Stuff to read

Stuff to Read:

29.4.12

Finding the uncharted treasure




So, A little while ago I finished my semi-marathon of all the uncharted games and tought I'd give my tough on each individually, here we go.


The first game was, uhh kinda weak to be honest. It wasn't bad or anything and it had some cool stuff going for it but at the end of the game it was not all that unique. It certainly wasn't up there with the rest of the series. Dialogue was fun and the facial expressions were sometimes rather hilarious.

I remember hearing this game beeing a real struggle for naughty dog and it kinda shows that it was a hard project for them, kudos for finishing it.


Oh man was I suprised when I started up this one. The train scene in the beginning is undoubtedly one of the coolest things I have ever seen in a video game, ever. And that's just for starters. This finally revealed to me why this game got as much praise as it did. I mean my god the building collapsing, the truck chase, the finale and the genereal smoother and flow of the experience was incredible. I particulally liked the cutscenes not beeing seperated from the actual game all that much.

Also the sneaking, while not metal gear quality, is still fun enough to be a worthwhile solution to get by enemies.


Not as good as the second installment, tough that might be because the second one kicked so much ass that they found themselfs saying: "Fuck, how are going to top that". The grapichs look much nicer and my favourite features wich are stealth kill and fist fighting have been improved, for example drake will pick up objects nearby as weapons (bottles and such).

The experience dosent have the same flow anymore as it did with the 2nd wich to me is kind of a letdown but it still has stuff like the sinking ship, etc.

TL;DR: Uncharted 2 > Uncharted 3 > Uncharted 1 IMO

No comments:

Post a Comment